Wednesday 13 April 2011

Meeting with Matt and Shane

I have email my supervisor Phil but Phil is not around so I email Nick to make a meeting with him to talk about my research ideas but he is on his vacation so his secretary forward the email to Salam. But Salam is not into games so she forward the email to Shane. Then Shane contact me and give me some general ideas of researching on my idea. Then I make up a meeting with him to talk to him about what to research into more deeply and what other things that I should include in my research. Before meeting with Nick I talk to my lecturer Matt who is teaching me Game Authoring. He is a level designer and he have work in a few companies in the game industry so I talk to him about my idea and he say that he is not so sure to make any comment on my idea because he is not incharge of it. So I went and meet Shane. 
Then Shane has tell me to may be look into where steampunk started, how did people get their inspiration from and also give some visual look for how my game will look like and feel like. Then look into some games. Shane also gives me some of the Author name who started Steampunk and for me to research into.
 
H.G.Wells and Jules Verne is the two author that are very popular for their steam punk novels.
H.G. Wells



Jules Verne


Useful Links:
http://www.online-literature.com/wellshg/
http://www.online-literature.com/verne/

No comments:

Post a Comment